Sunday, January 23, 2022

I don't know about you but I'm feeling (20)22

 2022. New Year. 

The only time I can write here is when I have downtime and can't think of anything to do. I'm at the hotel now, and since NB is sort of in a lockdown, it means that the hotel is pretty quiet too. I thought of taking advantage of this spare time to add up a little blog post (it is 2022, who still does say 2022? haha). 

I noticed that I didn't write anything in 2021 at all. I don't blame myself because I got too busy with this thing called life that I can't remember if I breathe in between then, LOL. Anyho, I started going to school in 2021, and I'm still doing it now. I'm taking the postgraduate in IT majoring in Data Analytics. I'll be done this coming Spring, and I'm currently at my second to the last course, and my graduation will be in June. So, my mind, brain, and everything in me are occupied by school and the two jobs. 

Also, last year I got my citizenship! I did my oath-taking in November, and one month later, I applied for my Canadian passport. On January 7th, I did get it! Finally! I just can't travel. I wanna see the world with my first-world passport, haha! The only thing that still hinders is, of course, the pandemic. Going to two years of this craziness, and we're still not done yet. I'm hoping, and I'm praying it will be. I can't wait to go home, too. I haven't seen my family for more than 4 years, and I miss them tons. They can't come to Canada either because of these travel restrictions. I guess the moral lesson of this pandemic is to become more patient, more flexible, and always keep the faith.

The biggest thing that I will do this year is my plan to move out from Fredericton, NB, and make a new adventure in Calgary, AB. I believe I'm in this right moment to take a chance, move forward, and try new, different things. Going back to a big city will be a giant leap again, but I'm taking this chance. I have been in Fredericton for almost 5 years this year, and I'm excited to live and work in Calgary. I'm a little bit anxious, a little bit uncomfortable, but I'm hopeful, and I'm happy, and I can't wait!

I'll be done in school on April 14th, so if my plans go with me, I will be moving out on the 28th. I'm happy too that I'll be looking for job prospects related to the program I have taken. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get one. 

Isn't it exciting? I know, I know there will be hurdles along the way, but the mere fact that I'm this positive about my plan, then I'm on the right track. Last year was challenging because of all the hardships. Mental health was not cooperating along the way. My brain tricks me into doing unsafe and dangerous, but I am glad I took those sessions with my counselor. It helped me remember my core purpose in life. It showed me that there are other ways to be happy. More importantly, it made me realize that many people, especially my family and super friend, unconditionally love and believe me.

I'm excited about 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment