Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My take on Eclipse and I'm pleased by the way, but don't let me get started on Kristen's hideous wig, it's another story though.

So yeah, EC on the 30th didn't happen to me at all. Went to the cinemas a li'l bit earlier and found a long of queu for EC and was disappointed that the only available then was the 10:40 PM screening. I just forgot that it was a holiday and no school and stuff. Finally get to see it the following day with Arrianne and had the 850PM screening instead. The people were soo into movie that it felt good that we are all like on the "same page." I had watched it again last weekend with TRT friends back home.

So what can I say though? First, a makeout scene for the first 2 minutes of the film is just EPIC. Haha! *woot woot!* Go Edward! =) Yes, I loved the adaptation the way I had loved my fave novel. I believe that EC was the best so far. The movie can't be the "book" because, as Rosenberg and Slade said, they have issues on time constraints, pacing blah blah..but yeah it was quite pretty good. It can't be the perfect one the way Twilighters want but I could say, those two give justice.

These are my faves and the not soo ones. I'll be a total random here because I'll just try to remember everything here.

The fight/action scenes were just badass. They certainly showcased their vampire-ness. Team Leeches/Cullen all the way!!

Wow! Charlie! Definitely Team Charlie here too. Billy Burke is one of the best. He steals the scenes smoothly baby and I'm lovin that! And the face/reaction he just pulled off when Bella sorta said "Dad, I'm a virgin" is just epic.

Team Jessica here too (since New Moon though). The speech she gave out during the graduation scene was just heartwarming and oh sooo true!

Ohh the backstories, hands down to Jasper's. He's the man! I'm soo impressed with Jackson Rathbone. He got small lines/exposures on TW and NM and suddenly he got major on EC and I'm happy =)

The Jasper-Alice cuteness-- aaawwww!!!

THE (in)famous LEG-HITCH SCENE. 'nuff said! :P

and yes the tent scene. Need I say more? The "I am hotter than you" put the cinema in chaos though. :P

aww the proposal scene..the words Edward was saying is shot right through the heart. He's like teary-eyed with the "trembling" voice or something =) (Sorry, it won't be the same with the other people but y'all know what team I am rooting for so yes I'm biased lol)

I'm fine with BDH being Victoria. She's okay there but I will be forever Team Rachelle =)

With Xavier/Riley? He's super great for me and he's ssoo vampire! Haha!

Some of the dialogues/line are all exact or somewhat close with what was in the book!

The contacts are way much better than the two previous films.

And okay the not-so-faves:

Kristen Stewart's fucking hideous wig! Wow I can't believe that this big budgeted film can't provide a good one. And what pissed me is the fact that she got A LOT of headshots and that fucking hideous wig was peeking.

Okay Rosalie/Nikki, uhmm I'm actually not in favor of the makeup. And I don't know, the eyebrows should be blonde since she's blonde? (I read about that on one of Sonia's post) And I'm quite paranoid when she got headshots too and my eyes focused on her eyebrows. But the "theatrical" Rosalie-in-wedding-dress-with-red-eyes is one of the best.

Bella jumping on Jake's bike right in front of Edward is a No No! Well, there is a sort of that scene in the book but it didn't happen in front of Edward though I know it's the Alice scene then. So I don't like that one.

I've heard the EC OST and I'm so happy that it got a lot of beautiful music that surrounds the film. It outdone NM though. But I don't know, I'm feeling the "silence" in the movie. They don't put much music there? There are absolutely "dead" scenes that I can't hear any song. Okay maybe it's me but I have to see it again so that I can confirm this. Hehe. And the worst? Putting "Heavy in My Arms" on credits! Geez! Soo don't like it =(

Overall, I'm quite fine with the adaptation. I could whine and rant and like "it should be like this or it should be like that" all day but in the end I will still love it. =)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, very very much. :) Aout all that you wrote here. Definately my favorite Twi-movie.

    Jessica's speech was great, but it did kinda make me go "WTF?!" that she'd be giving it in the first place. In the books she's clearly drawn as the "not the smartest girl in school" kinda bimbo. But I do understand that Anna grew to a bigger star with Up in the Air and the whole Oscar-nomination thing, so her people must have demanded more screen time and better screen time. So not so bad execution, keeping that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maria: yes totally agree on you on Jessica thing there. I had a notion that she'll be given an "extra screening time" there since she's an Oscar-nominated actress now. A great boost for a film with crazy following. =)

    ReplyDelete