Saturday, October 22, 2016

IELTS Results

Hello! I'm back from the busy week of my life haha!

So, last month I was told that I need to do my IELTS again since it's nearing expiration and with just two weeks of preparation (I spent my week nights and weekends attending a refresher course), I took the General Training test on October 8, 2016 at the Heritage Hotel in Pasay City. Three days before that, I was scheduled to do my Speaking Test at the British Council's office in Ortigas Center. I took a day off from the office and just prepared myself for this speaking test. The first test I had two years ago was done by a Filipina while this time it is a British wherein he has a very thick English accent and it's quite challenging for me, I could say. I'm quite familiar with all the procedures and I just prayed that I will do good since this is my second time. I don't want to put pressure on myself because I know that I did great the first time and if I could do the same, I'm still qualified with New Brunswick's Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). They have this minimum score that an applicant should attain to be included in the PNP. 

So after taking the GT test (which has four modules by the way), I've waited for about 12 days for the release. October 21, Friday came and I'm too anxious to know how I did. Exactly 10 AM, I went to the BC's online portal where I can check my results. I prayed hard to our dear Lord that I'm not asking for higher score, I will accept if I got the same as two years ago. And then boom! I got the same overall band scores! Haay finally! I'm soo happy about my results, totally. And what amazed me is the fact, that I got 8.0 score on my Reading module, a big leap from the 6.5 score from 2015 haha! Another challenge has been done and I'm quite relieved of this. Next step is waiting for the Test Results Form which will I need to be sent to my reviewer in NB. Since I have to wait for another 2 days, I decided to sent a scanned copy of my TRF via email to my reviewer L to inform them that the document will be sent in two days and it is expected to be at the their office 3 days top. 

For this, I'm thanking the Lord for the gift of wisdom and knowledge in surpassing all of this. God is really good! 


If you have faith when you pray, you will be given whatever you ask for. - Matthew 21:22

No comments:

Post a Comment