Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Fall Out Boy Encounter--Part I

09.20.07

It was the day of all the days. OA hehe. The biggest punk rock band was in town and I've waited for months to see them live in person. It was such a rare opportunity because it was their first Asian tour and they chose to perform here in the Philippines. I went to work on that day with a goal of hitting my target before 4pm or I'll be busted. Luckily I did it. Well, aside from not talking or engaging to any "extracurricular activity," I starved myself to death hehe. Exactly 4pm, I swiped my ID, changed my clothes and head to our meeting place. Although traffic was all over the metro and "rush hour" just hit MRT, we arrived an hour before the show. There are already lots of people lining up in the entrance. 7:45PM we decided to go inside the coliseum but unfortunately a security personnel found our digicam inside the bag. He instructed us to submit the cam in a booth and told us that he cannot allowed us to get in. I was pissed off! Hello?! what a fucking rule is that (before they are not that strict about cams). Sometimes, I don't obey rules *snickers* so we get out of the line, went to a corner place where nobody can see us and tucked the cam inside the "hidden" portion of the friend's bag. We then get back, let another security personnel frisked us and hoped this time we can let ourselves in and our plan worked! We were then ushered to our seats. That was cool! =)

After local rock band Chicosci did 6 songs, MTV VJs Victor, Maggie and Kat introduced the Fall Out Boy. And then there were screams, shouts, screams and shouts and lots of screams and shouts. As the lights go in, Andy, Patrick, Pete and Joe were in stage ready to rock the night out! They started to sing their singles from the albums "Infinity on High" and "From Under the Cork Tree and the audience can't helped but to sing as well. Basisst Pete did all the talking for the whole night and he was like drunk. He told the audience that they weren't expecting that the band is sooo..huge here in the country and their were ecstatic. He also said the most gasgas tagalog phrase "Mahal ko Kayo." Hehe. The most cute thing of the night was when they did a portion of Akon's single "Don't matter" and Michael Jackson's "Beat It." Joe and Pete showed their guitar prowess. Galing! Galing! But of course I've anticipated to hear them perform my fave song "The Take over, The Break's Over" and they nailed it! After they announced that their last song will be "Saturday," fans got dismayed. They only performed like 1 hour and 15 minutes. Nevertheless, it was really a good rockin night for all the people who went to the concert. And there, Pete threw his shirt and Andy threw his drumsticks.

That was cool! =) We went to a shop and ate, had chitchats and stayed there for hours until we realized that its already 2:00 AM and were still at the area. Then we head home excited for a Meet&Greet event the next day at the Mall of Asia.

PETE
JOE
PATRICK
UA303 F10
.......

No comments:

Post a Comment