The lappy's still busted. =( It has been a month now. I don't have an idea if the files there will still be recovered. The real bummer about it was that I brought it with me on my vacation. It was perfectly fine the last time I used it. Of course I didn't let it check-in because you know it's a laptop duh. I have it with me the whole flight. Then I arrived at my destination. Then ta-daah this fucking "Disc read error" thing popped on the screen. And I'm like what the heck is that! So friends and I troubleshoot that error shit and called the Dell contact center and there they told me that the HDD was busted. Seriously! And I'm like I can't go home in 3 weeks to have it checked with my officemates. To make the story short, I don't have the laptop for the whole vacation and it was essential for Edward's sake. Anyweiz, I had let our engineers seen it since last week and I'm still waiting if it will be done or not. For the meantime, I'm using someone else's Mac at the office. Okay so what's the point of this shit that I'm telling to the point that I even writing an entry here. I DIDN'T DO ANY BACKUPS of the whole files there. That's it. Wonderful right? I'm thinking of what important files are there and I'm like all the shit there are important. Pictures? Oh my god pictures! Backstory: 2 weeks before it happened, I thought of having them print because I thought that I should have like "hard copies" but never had the time to do it. Good news: Some office friends still have those pictures so yay! Bad news: Cebu and Hong Kong trips will be gone forever. I don't have other sources of those memories though. =( The only thing left are on my FB photo albums which are like 16 photos. 16?? Gosh! I'm soo stupid. Next: A blog entry (which is still on drafts) about Paramore's March 2010 concert. It is about getting on the VIP row then (though I was in the Silver line) and how did I get Jeremy/Justin's guitar pick. *WAILS!* I'm sour-graping because I wrote it an hour after the concert and I remember I'm typing endlessly because the feelings are still there. And I can't do it now. It will be different though. Also, Heva's "sex scandal" hahaha. JK. I mean I had "filmed" Heva and Arrianne and it was the funniest moment of our lives and now it will be gone. Sorry but it's not actually a scandal, it was a funny video with real clean fun. So, there are still a bunch of important "me stuff" there and it made me sad knowing that it will not be retrieved anymore. And this is one thing that I hate about myself today, I mean I'm soo OC but this time I forgot to even have a backup of those. Or if I partitioned my HDD then maybe I could salvaged the other one. And then I remember when I have my desktop PC, I'm soo OC that I put everything on my D that when the computer needs to be reformatted it was a relief knowing that my personal files won't be affected.
I'm still crossing my fingers that everything will be retrieved or some files are still there. I need some miracles baby.
im feeling for you. had the same thing few yrs ago, HD crashed and i lost 5 yrs worth of pictures...never recovered them..and since they were all of the time with my ex..i cant get them anywhere else either :(
ReplyDeletewow! 5 years worth pictures. That's a lot hun and I mean A LOT! y'know it's really hard that you depend much on the technology. We believe that it's the greatest thing but sometimes they let us down too. *sigh*
ReplyDelete