Tuesday, January 29, 2019

TWENTY NINETEEN

Oh my!

After not writing for the whole 2018, here I am trying to reconnect with my digital self haha! I revisited this blog about three weeks ago and I found out that I didn't write ANYTHING at all for the whole year of 2018. Such a shame for me that I missed that year! And I kind of realized how stressful and challenging that year for me personally. And some of the last posts that I posted were all about depressing stuff. Ugh.

Last year was a bit off in some ways, totally unpredictable I could say. My father died late 2017 and basically, I'm mourning for the whole year. I went home to the Philippines in 2017 to be with my family and went back to Canada 2 days before 2018 started. Work last year was a mess! It taught me a lot of things. But basically, I changed work twice, kind of "unemployed" for like 50 days or so, but you know what, everything happens for a reason. Back then, I'm like sulking whatever but of course, I'm very much responsible for any actions on my end.

Summer 2018 when bestfriend Ay, super friend Annie and I moved to a new apartment. It was an "efficient" move because everyone could save more. It was then I got a full-time job for Hilton. Ally landed in Canada fourth quarter of 2018 and lived with us. I was hired as a part-timer for UPS Canada in September as well. And everything went smoothly after those. I mean, I'm just literally working and sleeping and there was this month that I worked 120 hours! Crazy! I know! But I need all the money that I could have to finish my personal project. I'm still doing it and I'm just praying that I will be done in no time. It was crazy, VERY challenging! I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety and I had to deal these anxious thoughts all the time. In between those months, I get to travel to Bangor, Kittery and Bar Harbor in Maine, Montreal, Halifax (twice!) and the most epic was a random birthday trip to Boston in December. That trip was amazing! I'm happy that one-by-one I get to "fulfill" my travel list.

I am fortunate enough that I have very supporting and understanding friends. They let me know and feel that even though I'm going through a very depressing situation in life, they will be always there for me. And by traveling, I get to see this gift (my Canadian journey) on a much wider perspective. How can you be so ungrateful, sad, anxious and depressed when you have this gift as a source of inspiration to do better, to be better! I'm still working on myself as a positive and hopeful person. I just need to believe in myself.

So 2019 is here! Well, technically we are done with the first month already and we're just heading to the shortest month as always :) Two jobs will be as fine as they anticipate. I'm lucky that even though there's a slow down in terms of workloads with my part-time, I still get to work at least 6-8 hours a day. And it's the same with the other job. And oh yes, tomorrow I'm gonna write about our 6-day New York City trip two weeks ago. I'm excited to share what happened to one of my most epic trips ever!

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment