One of the perks of being employed with the best hotel chain the world, Hilton, is getting a super cheap (and I would say really, really cheap) employee hotel rates with all the Hilton hotel properties in the world. And when I got this job in July last year, I told myself that my dream to travel the world and to experience amazing hotel accommodations would bound to happen. And, of course, what would be the first city that comes to my mind? New York City!
The first time I used my employee hotel rate was when we visited Montreal in the Summer and I know how cheap is cheap. So with my perseverance, me and my friend Ay found out that discounted rates are available in the weeks of January. We are thinking about snow storms and cancellations and whatnot but we just gave in and we're like let's do this! I have filed vacation leave both on my two jobs. Good thing we have low occupancy at the hotel and we have low shipments with UPS. So they approved my vacation right away!
We stayed in Hilton Newark in New Jersey for two nights before heading to New York City for another 4 nights. The first time I visited was in 2015 and I fell in love with the city. I don't know but I imagined living in the city in one of the cool, posh apartments near Central Park and I go to work near Times Square or Wall Street. Haha! The city has a full of life and I'm so mesmerized that I'd say, I could live here forever and I could survive living in New York! They told me I'm crazy but I don't know I kinda like the city living. Since it's my friend's Ay first time, we did some touristy stuff. We visited the national park of the Statue of Liberty, we strolled around Central Park, took silly pictures at Times Square and Rockefeller Center, ate our famous Jollibee chicken joy and spaghetti at the Port Authority, and of course the highlight of all the highlights (haha), watched my FIRST EVER musical Wicked in Broadway. It was an experience of a lifetime. It is very popular and we got the tickets a day before the show but still we get a pretty decent deal with a good view. On our third day, we went to the DUMBO neighborhood because I really want to see that other side of the Brooklyn Bridge. From the Times Square subway station, we stopped at the Brooklyn Bridge station and from there we crossed the other side of the bridge! It was really exhilarating to see both the Brooklyn and the Manhattan bridges up close. We took a lot of pictures of course for future travel memories. We then head back to Manhattan, ate at the famous burger house Shake Shack at the Grand Central Terminal. Of course dinner is courtesy of Jollibee! Funny thing the manager probably remember us from the nights before and when he saw Ay he just blurted out "Hindi pa kayo nagsawa sa Jollibee?" Haha so funny!
We then spent our last night in another Hilton hotel just chilling in our wonderful hotel with free treats from Front Desk! What I loved about this trip is that the fact that we were pampered, our rooms have been upgraded, we go the most amazing room view in New York City, we have the most delicious breakfast buffet because of my tier and of course the experience!
I said to myself, how I wish once in a while I would go to NYC and I will just watch a Broadway musical, stroll around Central Park or just eat in many of their famous restaurants! You will never know, right?
Thank you, Lord for the gift of travel and travel perks!
No comments:
Post a Comment