Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Las Vegas Summer 2019

This post should have been "London Summer 2019," however due to some logistics challenges, we weren't able to pull off the plan of going to London to watch the reunion concert of Spice Girls. There were a lot of on and off plans that affected the London travel. So, even though we have the concert tickets and hotel accommodations by that time, we just decided not to go. We were able to re-sell one of the two tickets via Tickemaster and I just cancelled all the hotel accommodations since they're still within the cancellation window.

Since we filed our vacation leaves already both on our two jobs, we just thought of a new destination to visit with no visa and other complications. We thought of Chicago, Florida, North Carolina or Seattle. We even thought of going back to New York City. However, upon checking on the bookings, it is impossible to get decent hotel rates during those times. Then voila we said "How about Vegas, then we could visit the Grand Canyon, too, in Arizona!" So immediately, I get to see employee discounts to Vegas and lucky enough we got rooms for those 6 nights! I'm amazed because I actually got discounts for Hilton's 5-star brand the Waldorf Astoria. I'm beyond ecstatic!

June 3 came and off we went to Vegas! It was super warm there (duh, Vegas!). Being a resident of a small city in an Atlantic Canada, everything is packed for me in Vegas haha! We took a flight from Fredericton to Montreal then Vegas. When we arrived at the Waldorf Hotel, I was beyond super happy to know that we were upgraded in a suite with a view of the Vegas strip. We have a spa-like bathroom and our own closet too! We were also told that breakfast is included, we have like $50 credit everyday that we could use in their restaurants. And funny thing about it is since I'm a team member, I have 50% as well! That's a lot of free money!

The second day spent swimming in the luxurious pool! We checked a lot of casinos, went to malls, ate at Panda Express!

The 4th day spent in hiking, touring the Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona. It was an amazing experience being able to see the magnificent grand canyon. We were picked up up the tour bus from our hotel and from there we traveled for about 4 hours to Arizona. It was an experience of a lifetime for just being physically there.

This travel was basically just enjoying, eating, touring, watching, swimming in the pool and everything that is fun and memorable.

I can't wait for the next travel! 



No comments:

Post a Comment