These are SOME of my favorite scenes from the book "New Moon," that I'd like to see in the upcoming 2009 movie, which is the sequel of the hit "Twilight."
Warning: Spoilers ahead! (to those people who are not done with the book just yet). To the followers and non-followers of the saga you can leave some comments if you want too =)1. The paper-cut scene, during Bella's birthday at the Cullen's house. One of the essential parts of the book, this is where Edward decides that he and his family should leave for Bella's safety. This is the scene where Jasper nearly attacked Bella, after she had a paper cut from opening a present. I'd love to see the action where Jasper go all-blood-thirsty-vampireish-he-could-ever-be on Bella. Hehehe
2. Bella-clumsy-moments like cliff-diving, crashing her bike into a tree and the hallucination thing.
3. Meeting the Volturi. (This is important!) Can't wait to see Aro, Caius and Marcus, and of course Jane and Alec! I'm excited who's gonna play for those characters and how will the movie will elaborate each of their gifts/abilities/talents.
4. The talk between Charlie and Alice about how Bella reacted to Edward's decision to leave her and how Jacob helped her to cope.
5. The woods scene where Bella and Edward had a talk about the situation and when he finally pops the news that they're leaving. "It will be as if I'd never existed." Oh just hate Edward for this one. Very hurtful.
5. The woods scene where Bella and Edward had a talk about the situation and when he finally pops the news that they're leaving. "It will be as if I'd never existed." Oh just hate Edward for this one. Very hurtful.
6. The scene where Alice and Bella are hurrying to save Edward in Italy, in a *woot woot* yellow Porsche, stolen by Alice. This is cool! This is the action-packed-high-speed-events of the book, so let's see if that will be the same in the film. and I REALLY DO WANT TO SEE THAT YELLOW THING!
7. The scene where Bella bumped into Laurent at the woods, and the first time she saw the wolf pack. I, myself, is Team Edward so I won't elaborate about the "wolves" hahaha. Sorry Team Jacob.
8. The scene where a large group of tourists are being led to the Volturi "feeding chamber/trap." CREEPY! Very Creepy! But it would be good to see, since the readers are asking how the Volturi are being feed.
9.The scene where Rosalie calls Edward and tell him that Bella's dead. I know this isn't really, technically, included in the novel, but still I love to see this. This scene made Edward decide to see the Volturi and ask them to kill him, so I think this is vital.
10. The VOTING thing! This is cool to see because all the Cullens are there to show support on Bella's intention to become a vampire. (Only Rosalie and Edward said No)I love to see him crushed the 60 inches plasma television and how Emmett reacted to that! (knowing Emmett!, it would be funny to see!)
I didn't like the book the first time I read it. First, Edward leaves Bella and because of that, he's not "visible" for a certain time. I found myself skimming the pages to find Edward again. So it's basically focused on Jake and Bella's relationship. I have nothing against Jake but Edward is Edward, and as I've said I'm team Edward, hands down! haha! =)
But then after re-reading it for many times, I'm finding it cool. I'm finding it one of the best books of the saga. With many character introductions, many secrets unfold, filled with a lot of mixed emotions. I guess I'm totally wrong about the book.
The "Twilight" film is quite different from the book, nevertheless, it catches the essence of it. And I know why some of the saga's followers are disappointed with it. (especially the 'hype' it has created). For me, the book is more emotional, more intense than the movie but still, it is a good one. And now the new film "New Moon," is in pre-production, fans are anxious of what it will offer. (With the effects and all that, they surely are) I just hope that it is much, much better than the book. Can't wait for November 20, 2009 *fingers crossed* and I'm definitely betting on Chris Weitz! =)

Cool! :)
ReplyDeleteoist,dyo have complit series of d book.ala lng,hvnt read d book kc.i knw movies usually bring dissapointment 2 d fans esp f uv read d bo0k 1st.gnun nangyari s'kin s HP.haha ky d ko nlang bnasa.pnanu0d ko muna.& based frm ds buk rview,i wont miss wtchng d 2nd movie.hehe
ReplyDeleteHey, this is Velvet (from the Lex!) I was really curious to see what your fav NM scenes are! No need to say I agree with ALL of them! heeheh! I think I'd love to also see when Edward cuddles her while they'r waiting with Alice to leave the Volturi palace and the night after they get back to Forks, before Bella goes for the vote! Oh boy, I so hope Chris does a good job with this movie, because this part of the story is so beautiful! It hurts, but when you know he'll come back (or rather she'll go and take him back!!), you just can't help loving the story and how Bella's pain is described is just amazing, you can't help but feeling it too :-/ Like you I definitely learned to appreciate the book on the second reading :)
ReplyDeleteGreat blog btw :)
Che! thanks for the comment! yah, you should read the series! and don't miss of course the new film =)
ReplyDeleteHi Honey! It's OktoSink from the LEX! I loved reading about the scenes you'd like to see, I totally agree with all of them... I'm really hoping that they incorporate the parts where Bella hears Edward's voice. I think they could do some cool things with that.
ReplyDeleteAnd I really like your idea about putting Edward and Rosalie's phone conversation in the movie. I know there has been a lot of talk of trying to put more Edward in the movie than there was in the book, and what a perfect way to do that!!! Good thinking!
Ahhh, I wish the movie was coming out sooner, I have never anticipated a movie opening so far in advance in my life and it just makes me so sad that it is so far away!!!! But I'll hang in there :-)
Hey Honey, it's Kiella from the Lex!
ReplyDeleteLoved reading your blog and I totally agree with you on these scenes, they have to be in NM! One scene I think I'd freak out if they didn't include in the movie is the night after the Italy trip when Edward and Bella are in her room, and he's telling her the truth about why he left, and how he's never stopped loving her and never will... *swoon* it makes me all mushy just thinking about it! Hehe. Great blog though, and I will see you back on the Gen Y thread!
I love your coments on NM film. I agree with you 100% :)
ReplyDeleteI loved your blog, very good list! I also want to see the Bella and Edward interactions after leaving Volterra... when she thinks she is dreaming, etc. I know it's not crucial to the story, but I also really like the little conversation she has with Carlisle while he is stitching her up at her birthday party. I think I just have a weakness for Peter as Carlisle and would like to see some more of him hehe I'm not on Team Jacob, but I do want them to build Bella and Jacob's relationship in the movie enough where it is believable that he might be some competition to Edward.
ReplyDeleteatih! i am so excited to see the "New Moon" movie.. Although, its not my favorite book since Papa Edward is not that much seen in the picture.. I will still see the movie syempre with you.. with you.. with you! ehehe.. we'll be there early in the movie hauz when it opens up til it closes.. hehe.. (di naman tau adik noh?!) on this book, i hate the part where Papa Edward left Bella.. It really saddened me and it even made me shed a tear kahit sa book lang.. I sympathized with Bella.. feeling ko ako si Bella sa part na yun! ehehe.. hayz.. what i like most is the part when Bella and Alice went to Italy to save our Papa.. hehe..
ReplyDeletehay kagalet when i was fooled by the trailer of this movie sa YouTube.. ahaha! i was disappointed bcoz of the itsura ng wolf.. mukha galising aso! ahahah! but then again.. hoax lang pala iyon! but in fairness.. mukhang realistic on some part.. basta atih.. we will watch the movie together! cant wait any longer.. hehe..
atih! salamat sa pagcomment ditech! ay oo nman kurak talagang bonggang bonggang maaga tayo sa araw na yun. at nde ako lalabas ng sinehan ng araw na yun. hahah basta ang araw na yun eh para sa New Moon lang..bahala silang tumindig basta tayo maaga hahaha!! naadik daw..haloveyou atih! =)
ReplyDeleteYou know what? Pareho tayo. Sobrang iniscan ko yung book at hinanap kung saang part babalik si Edward! Haha! Anyway, ang inaabangan ko talaga sa film e yung transformation ni Jacob into a werewolf. Exciting!
ReplyDeleteI'm so stupid na pinalampas ko yung "Twilight" sa big screen. Pero 4 times ko naman siyang pinanood. Yun nga lang, pirated CD. Sa sobrang kaadikan ko. Haha!