Saturday, December 29, 2012

Thank you 2012!

It is now a norm for me that before the current year ends, I have to write my last blog entry. I wrote one in 2007, 2010 and 2011. It's like a reflection of what I had accomplished, what I had missed, what I had learned for that year. Since 2008, I had an amazing journey each year. They're all great I can say. And 2012 is like wow for me! I started the year with a broken heart. I started the year crying over someone. I was soo positive then, but ta-dah! first quarter was such a struggle, emotionally for me. I was so down and I believe I never cried that hard ever. I'm soo disappointed. Though I was angry at first, I felt more of being disappointed and sad about all those things.  And as I said, it bend me a little BUT it never broke me. It never broke me as a person. I had faith and hope and optimism that things will get better on my side. And it did. I had enjoyed every bit of my 6 month stay in Toronto with my family there. It was crazy good, crazy fun, unbelievably crazy part of my life. I was blessed and secured in every aspect there. Emotionally, financially and spiritually. I said I couldn't believe that such awesomeness will happen to me. Blessings are coming in each and every way. And every night as I go to sleep, smile is like plastered on my face and I'm just like thanking the guy above for letting me feel and have all those blessings. Couldn't be thankful and grateful enough to all the people who showed me the best!

I went home and work is still great. Tasks has been added to daily stuff but it keep me more driven. The whole family get to move in to the new house in Laguna. I get to travel to Kuala Lumpur just to shop. I made sure that I go out with friends every weekend whether it's like simple eating out, or inuman in Calamba, or surfing in Baler or going to Tagaytay for coffee. And one of the most exciting part of my 2012 is I get to travel to my fave Cebu City for my 30th birthday! And it's such an absolutely special day for me. 

I'm thinking that most of the time, life will throw you curve balls and it's up to you if you will just accept them and cry and just be plain pathetic. OR be a strong person and be courageous to face them all and be like "C'mon curve ball bitches, I'll show you who am I." And I choose the latter. It's like part of our life, you can't get away with it. You just have to deal with it.

And one thing that I learned this year is the fact that all of us have the power to change things around us. Yes, you will meet shitty people in between and you will be carried away with situations. But at the end of the day, it's just you, yourself, who will decide what's your worth and what you deserve as a person. Get off those situations that bring you down. You shouldn't rely your happiness to other people. Be STRONG, have the will and courage to let go and move on. It will be hard (and it is a struggle at first) BUT if you were able to conquer it, you will find genuine peace of mind. And don't forget, things happen for a reason.

Thank you 2012 for being a memorable year for me. Totally, not forgettable. Thank you Lord God for everything, no words but Thank You and I trust you. Thank you my family and super friends for being there all the time.

And 2013 I'm so ready. No New Year resolutions as usual. But I'm excited for the coming year. I have sooo many things in my plate. I know 2013 you will be amazing and I claim it! =)

1 comment: