Monday, January 31, 2011

Weddings

Okay, I guess 2011 is the year of weddings! Aside from my lexlings Megan and Lily, (and Sarah being engaged) my very own super friend, my person (I call her that way), my love-of-my-life friend Karen will get married on June 25. We've been friends for 14 years already (since we're sophomores and yes since we we were 13/14) so we definitely have this "relationship" already. I could've had marry her. LOL. I'm super excited for her, I know she and Edwin are planning this event since last year but some unexpected circumstances came up and it didn't happen. But this time they're ready. She told me I'm one of the secondary sponsors, veil to be exact, and she let me see the dress that the sponsors will wear. And here it is: 

Ohhh! It's soo beautiful and simple but I'm wondering if I will ever pull that dress off. The colors are brown and teal and heaven forbid! I will look silly because extra pounds should be shred off before that wedding. Anyway it's for me to decide and work on that! 

Aww I will miss our single lives, now that she'll have her significant other already, things will never be the same. I mean she's still the friend but you know she'll have priorities much "serious" now. And she can't go out like she used to because of course she has to have the hubby's permission first. And maybe soon she'll get pregnant and family will always be the first priority . BUT of course I couldn't be happier for her! I'm just here for her no matter what single life or with her own family. And to end this post, here are some of our random silly photos over the years. We had a lot but these are memorable ones:
And below is the most epic one, that's us (me in the center in the first row and Karen in the center back) when we were juniors in high school. I guess friendship really never ends.
Atih, if you're reading this, you know I love you from the bottom of my heart. We know each other to the deepest of our souls. We have secrets that only the two of us know and we know that we will stand for each other through whatever shit HAHA. I'm soo happy for you as always. LOVE YOU! <3 <3 <3 

6 comments:

  1. ooohhhh!!! atih, i so love you!!! and i love those pictures u posted especially the wide-eyed one! dang! i look so silly on that pic! but what the heck! it's me! hahaha! although, i'll be getting hitched 4 months from now.. the only thing that will change is me from being single to double. but i am still who i am, your friend, your soul-sistah and ur person forever! and oh btw, u will look fab on that dress! can't wait to let u see what i added up on that dress! hehe... so i'll see you soon! probably this weekend, right? miss yah so! umwah! tc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw what a sweet post - and bless you for mentioning me! :D

    You will totally be able to rock that dress Miss Thang!

    Btw....need the hubbys permission? ...Codaniel if your reading this - NO! :D hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture is so cute!!! Honey, you are gorgeous and you will look amazing in that dress!

    Childhood friends are the greatest and I wouldnt give mine up for anything! It's nice to know you've had that friend that has been through everything with you!
    ~Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww love that dress!!! It will look so gorgeous on you! I dont think you need to lose any weight you are perfect the way you are and beautiful!! Brown and teal are great colors. Aww cant wait to see pics and stuff and I always see stuff go by w/Karen go by and i know her name so of course she is your person! I use this too so I know what you mean I get the reference! I <3 the pics you posted too!! SO CUTE! I loved the bottom part of your post too, made me smile from the bottom of my heart you can tell how much she means to you!!
    Love you Honey and thanks for the shout out too!
    Congrats Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @atih: Thank you! you loved my blog yay!! =) I want the li'l hat thing that you decided to put. Ngayon pa lang, I'm feeling glamorous na hahaha!! I'll see you next week. Too bad wasn't see you the last time. Miss you too ng madaming madami!

    @Sarah: aww thanks for the courage! Gosh hopefully I could really pull that dress off. *prays to God* :D and yes Cody (if you're reading this) Sarah will still need a "me-time" with her girlfriends =)

    @Misty: I have friends since I was like 8 or 9, things never changed! Only the fact that they have children of their own now =)

    @Megs: aww thank you thank you! I'll post pics when the wedding's done (which will be 4 months for now LOL) thanks for the boost of confidence sweetie. Totally need it =) =) Yes my super friend, the one friend who knows everything in me. I love her to death. =) That picture cracked the hell out of me..we were very young!! Love you too my Megs! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ megs - thanks u.. it's nice to knw that Honey has friends like u! hope u can visit our country soon.. =) take care and God bless!

    ReplyDelete