That's my first reaction when I read the news that Rachelle Lefevre has been replaced by Bryce Dallas Howard (Terminator Salvation, Spider-man 3) for the Victoria role on the film "Twilight Saga: Eclipse" to be released June 30, 2010 in the U.S. Okay, for a TW fan like me, this is such a big deal. Victoria is my favorite nomad vampire in the series and Rachelle did a good justice for the role. She has just finished filming the "Twilight Saga: New Moon" and according to her tweets, (I'm following her) she's excited to start shooting Eclipse three weeks from now. But then Summit Entertainment has released such statement this morning. You can read it here. I'm following a lot of comments on that issue and I agree on some. One thing is that "Eclipse" will somehow center on Victoria's character, on the things that she will do to avenge the death of her mate James in "Twilight" and that includes creating an army of vampires. One of the highlights too is the confrontation/fighting scene between her and Edward. Victoria is a total major in "Eclipse" so I guess the studio has decided that the actress who should play for the part is the one who's "major" too. We all know how Rachelle is small compared with Bryce. Nuthin against BDH but yeah you cannot stop followers/fans to disagree on this one. As I've said on many people who already knew this story, for me, this is not the humble-TW-saga that I knew then, this is one hell of a marketing strategy that the studio thinks will turn them more huge money and fame. People are getting greedy already, people are getting into the hype. And I just don't like when a series change out actors or actresses part of the way through. If they think Rachelle's not good enough, they should've had replace her after Twilight, like the way they did with Solomon's Sam character.
Eclipse is my most favorite in the saga. Just got disappointed. And I think Rachelle should be Victoria. She's my Victoria no less. I just hope BDH will do good in Eclipse and will live up to the expectations of the Twi-fans.
![]() |
| Then Victoria |
![]() |
| Victoria Now |


I found my Honey's blog =)
ReplyDeleteagree with Rachelle being spot on for the role, and it sucks that they change the actress, since VAMPIRE'S DON'T CHANGE! At least not in looks, they're frozen... try to explain that one Summit....
Thanks Ninna for reading and visiting my blog! =)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait the pup to pop-out LOL *hugs*