This post was triggered by the fact that I read my July horoscope minutes ago and the first line that I saw is "It's halfway through 2009, where are you in your long year plan?" errr..where am I seriously?
The first half has been good to me, I could say. I laid my what-I-want-for this year-plans last January and definitely right now I'm in good track though. I still remember applying for a job in my hometown just to become "officially employed" (you know, I've been working at home for half of the year already so I thought that a good outside exposure sounds wonderful hehe) setting aside the fact that my "uberly fabulous part-time-job-then-which-is-not-part-time-anymore-cos-I-worked-full-time" pays me much than the position that I'm applying for. Though it never happened, I was happy (no, that was ecstatic) that exactly one year after I became a home worker, I got a call, telling me if I want to OFFICIALLY join them and be one of them (hehe). And ta-dah! here I am, four months after, still doing good, loving the life that I never knew I will have, being with fabulous people, having my family's support behind my back, and enjoying the love given by my closely-knit friends. One of the good things that happened to me too is that I finished off a "project" just two months ago. It feels so good that the thing that I'm yearning to end has just ended, there, as in done and really that's so much for me!
Last weekend, when I went home, I stumbled upon a note that I wrote on February 12, 2008 in my old journal and I'm gonna type it here exactly how I wrote 'em, and my comments are on parenthetical.
SOME STUFFS THAT I SHOULD DO OR ELSE I'LL SUCK FOREVER:
1. Terminate my current employment (checked. resigned April 21. 2008)
2. Upgrade my old computer (Checked. October 27, 2008)
3. Have a good part-time job (Checked. February 26, 2008)
4. The next job should only have Mondays-Fridays work, OT shouldn't be as hell as required like this job and I want to work that surfs the net (Checked. Seriously, I got a shock when I read this. I mean who would have thought that I will end up having a work that requires Internet surfing and research and the bonus is that I could do a lot FB anytime I would want to, I mean yeah you have to do your work but hello accessing FB while at work? that's really something I guess)
5. Finished off the "Highly-Classified-Honey-Special-Project (Checked. May 15, 2009)
6. Travel..naah just kidding hehe (Checked. June 4, 2009 and that really cracks me up because that time I'm on my lowest point of my existence and I somehow still find to blurted out some jokes or something *hello travel?? are you out of your fricckinnn mind honey?*)
At the bottom of the note it says:
"With the help and guidance of Lord God, I can do all of these.
Honey 02.12.2008"
I was stunned though when I read all of these. Now, I'm so positive that if you really want something bad enuff, you will be able to grasp it and feel it and bring it to your heart and be happy for it, as long as you have the perseverance, the hard work, the patience, the "on-the-go" outlook, the "I can do this" perspective, and ultimately the faith and trust to the big guy above. *hands down to him* He's the greatest and he just knows what's good, right or appropriate for you. Of course, of course, I have some meltdowns in between but really I never thought that I will attain some of those. Also, I learned that you should always keep your feet on the ground, stay humble, keep cool, don't pretend to be someone else, don't brag, don't pick, forgive those who hurt you, pray harder, love more, make new friends, don't stay near to those people who only need you when "they need you," and swear and curse if you feel too. haha JK
This could be a good time to ready my "ultimate-what-I-need-or-want-to-accomplish-for the-other-half-of-2009" thing. And I can do this, I'm positive. I'll strive hard more and be the best I can be for myself, for my family, for my colleagues, for my friends (and that includes my lexlings, and yeah people here may not know them, but they're bunch of good, wonderful, warm-loving persons I've met and maybe I could write about them on the next post), and for everybody around me.
Good luck to me and second half of 2009, here I come! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment